Monday, August 11, 2014

THREE'S A CROWD by Melissa Keir

THREE'S A CROWD by Melissa Keir

Charming Chances Book 2

For Lissa, the second time at love was a charm but in marriage, three’s a crowd.

Single mother Lissa Vincent found her soul mate in her best friend’s ex-husband. Alex Hunter couldn’t believe his fortune when his ex-wife told him her best friend was available. After divorce, finding love again could be a challenge but it appeared Alex and Lissa had gotten lucky. Yet as they start their lives as newlyweds, Alex and Lissa don’t realize just how difficult it might be to blend a family.

When Alex’s ex new marriage begins to unravel, she sets her sights again on Alex. Does Alex still have feelings for the mother of his child? Will Lissa keep her best friend or lose her husband?

Fairytales promise a happily-ever-after. But what really happens after the after.

BUY THE eBOOK *** BUY IN KINDLE *** READ THE EXCERPT   ***   WATCH THE VIDEO

Excerpt:

When my cell phone rings. I look down.
It’s Steve and I don’t want to answer. I’m on a date with my husband. The children are safe with Steve. I—we—deserve this time together. Pushing the off button, I ignore the call.

“Was that Steve?”

Alex understands my dilemma. My ex has anger issues and isn’t happy that I’ve remarried. The phone rings again.

“I’ll call him back later.”

I cut a small piece of beef burgundy from my plate and lift it gently to Alex’s lips.

Feeding each other is a very sensual experience. My legs tingle. I watched his tongue dart out to catch a drop of sauce lingering on his mouth. I reach across the table to run my thumb over his lips then pull his face close to mine in search of a passionate kiss.

When my phone rings for the third time, I know it must be important. “Hello?”

“Scotty and Mac were playing around when Scotty tripped and fell, hitting his head on the corner of the door frame to his room. We’re on our way to the urgent care. He probably needs stitches.”

“Which urgent care are you going to? I can meet you there.” My stomach clenches in anxiety.

I obtain all the details while Alex pays the bill and has our food wrapped to go. We rush out into the night, our romantic evening ruined, fright replacing passion.

Guilt begins to eat at me. Why didn’t I answer the phone sooner? How is Scotty handling things? What kind of parent am I to put myself over my child? Alex seems to understand what I am feeling and reaches over to hold my hand. Without saying a word, his touch makes me feel better.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...